Skip to main content

The worst day of my Life when I lost The Ghazal King 'Jagjit Singh'

I will start this from the very beginning, it was 9th October 2011 at around 10pm IST. I finished my dinner, came online as of daily routine. Logged in to Facebook, checked out my stuffs, read some blogs. As nothing was making me feel good I thought to go to bed and take a sleep. I have made my mind that from today itself I will wake up in time, will sleep early and without wasting my time on FB at nights.
ghazal meastro king ustaad jagjit singh ji koi sandesh
                            The atmosphere was breeze-less tonight. As I was not feeling sleepy,I took out my mp3 player and started listening to romantic and soft-core songs. But all in vain, finally, I thought to get myself relieved by listening to Ghazals of Jagjit Singh Ji. I always have the folder named 'Jagjit Singh' whether it is my phone or MP3 player. I have been a fan of him since the time someone very special asked me to listen to his songs to help me calm myself and control my aggressiveness.
            It was 2006 that I got myself addicted to his voice. My first expereince after listening to his ghazal was "Why haven't I tried it earlier? OMG, what a miss it was!!". His voice acted as a therapist to me, helped me in healing the wounds which I got from this world. His songs also acted as a teacher as it teaches me lots of things. For example, the feeling of what is love can be felt through his song "Mere Jaise Ban Jaoge Jab Ishq Tumhe ho Jaega".
            I kept on listening to his ghazals. Feeling relieved and fresh, there was no mood to sleep. So I kept on listening madly as someone was pouring divine words into my ears. The more I was listening, the more I was feeling fresh. I didn't even notice that it was morning 6am, the 10th October 2011. The birds were chirping loudly as they wanted to say something to me but I did not understand that they were crying and informing me about something very unfortunate to happen today.
            But now I have to sleep for the next 2 hours so nobody at home could understand that I was awake the whole night. Keeping the headphones in my ear, I slept listening to his songs. After a small nap woke up at 8:45am and switched on my computer from sleep mode. On the other hand,I got myself done with all those freshen-up stuffs, came back to my room, opened up facebook and the first thing which I saw on my timeline feed shocked me as nothing.
Jagjit Singh the ghazal king maestro from India



                   Some news channels have posted on Facebook about Jagjit Singh's unfortunate death due to Brain Haemorrhage. I was shocked and was not able to believe on this news as this might me a misunderstanding.I knew that he was hospitalised in Lilavati Hospital due to Brain Hemorrhage but his condition was stable and was recovering faster.
           Then and there I checked out on internet about the loyalty of this news. As few days before someone running a page on facebook posted this kind of news and in return got lots of criticism regarding this, from others and me too. But unfortunately this time,the news was true, which I was not expecting to be. I then and there called my friends, who are also fans of Jagjit Singh and informed them about this unfortunate incident. They were also shell shocked. I could not believe on my luck that just few hours before I was listening to his Ghazals and Nazms and now he is no more.
            I always wanted to attend his Live concert, at least once, but God also snatched this opportunity from me. Recently he came to Kolkata for a concert in the month of September 2011 but I was not aware of this. Later someone told me that tickets of that concert were all sold, there was no chance to get any at that point of time.
           Whatever!! But there will be a regret throughout my life that I was not able to attend his Live concert in my life. And possibly,will not attend anyone else's concert ever in my life as nobody can be much greater and better person in comparison to what Jagjit Singh Jee was. He has experienced ups and downs in his life but always positioned himself strongly after this. His pain can be experienced from his Ghazals and voice. "Chithi na koi sandesh, Jane wo kaun sa desh Jahan tum chale gaye" is a perfect example of this, which seems to be dedicated to his one and only son Vivek Singh, who died in an accident in 1999. After this, his wife Chitra Singh left singing, but he stood strongly and kept singing for his fans. A perfect example to follow.
                  I also love the singles or ghazals sung by Chitra Singh, but adore those songs sung by the duo, specially "Milkar juda hue to na soya karenge hum, ek dusre ke yaad me roya karenge hum" & 'Dono ke Dil hain majbur pyar se, Hum kya karein meri jaan,tum kya karo'  and  "Hum to hain pardesh mein, desh mein nikla hoga chand". Now I am just assuming the situation of Chitra jee, feeling very sad for her.
jagjeet singh chitra singh ghazal king maestro jagjit singh ji
Photo Source-Internet
                          It is almost 6 days from that 10th October,still it is impossible for me and my friends to believe that we have lost this great treasure of our life. We are still expecting him to comeback, but somewhere it is impossible. At the same moment his songs come into mind singing on his behalf "Shahad jine ka mila karta hai thora-thora, Jane walon ke liye Dil nahi thora karte, Hath chuthe bhi to Ristey nahi chora karte"
evergreen ghazal king Jagjit Singh
Photo Source-Internet
                           But after experiencing all these 6 days without him,my reply is "Shaam se aankh mein nami si hai...aaj fir aapki kami si hai"

WE WILL MISS YOU JAGJIT JI, YOU WERE THE GOD OF GHAZAL AND WILL ALWAYS REMAIN ALIVE IN ME AND MY FRIENDS HEART THROUGH YOUR MESMERISING VOICE- JANAK KUMAR YADAV

Popular posts from this blog

Viewing 51 Feet Tall Lord Shiva Statue at Bangeshwar Mahadev Mandir in Howrah, Eastern India.

One of it's kind in Eastern India, this 51 feet tall Lord Shiva statue was unveiled by Honorable President Of India Shri Pranab Mukherjee on Sunday, December 13, 2015. The President along with his team and Governor of West Bengal Keshari Nath Tripathi visited the famous temple ' Natun Mandir' aka ' Naya Mandir' which means 'Newest Temple' in English, i.e, Seth Banshidhar Jalan Smriti Mandir or Bangeshwar Mahadev Mandir in Howrah early morning on Sunday. FYI, the Shiva Temple rests in between Howrah Railway Station and Salkia's Bandhaghat area exactly on Salkia School Road which is both way connected to Kolkata either by road or by river through Golabari-Armenian Ferry Service as well as Bandhaghat-Ahiritola Ferry service too. It would hardly take an hour to reach the landmark if you are connecting the nearby dots I mentioned above during peak traffic hours. First Day of inaugurating the tallest ever lord Shiva in Eastern India at Bangeshwar

कलकत्ता का प्रसिद्द बाबा भूतनाथ मंदिर और हावड़ा निवासी भक्त

कुछ ढूंढली यादें और कंप्यूटर में रक्खे हुए कुछ फोटो ने मेरा ध्यान आकर्षित किया! जैसे ही मैंने फोटो देखने के लिए खोला तो सहसा याद आगया के यह सारे फोटो 2012 के सावन के महीने की हैं! वह मेरा आखरी सावन था जब बाबा धाम से लौटने के बाद, आखरी सोमवार को मैं अपने दोस्तों के साथ कलकत्ता के निमतला समसान घाट स्तिथ बाबा भूतनाथ के मंदिर गया था! आखरी सावन इसलिए क्यूंकि 2013 में पिता जी के परलोक सिधारने के बाद; ना ही मैं बाबा धाम गया और ना ही सावन के महीने में भूतनाथ मंदिर! समय बीतता गया, संन् 2014 आगया और मैं फिर से उसी जगह खड़ा हूँ जहाँ मैंने खुद को छोड़ा था! आज उन्ही यादों और अनुभव को कुछ पुराने फोटो के जरिये आपके सामने ला रहा हूँ! Lord Shiva at Bhootnath Temple-- Smartphone Photography by JNK Bandhaghat Launch Ghat-Howrah side (Smartphone Photography by JNK) मैं हावडा में रहता हूँ, इसलिए बाबा के मंदिर जाने के लिए मुझे बांधाघाट लांच घाट से फेरी पकड़नी पड़ती है! इस सुभ यात्रा की शुरुआत गंगा नदी पर सफर करने से शुरू होती है! Smartphone Photography by JNK गंगा नदी पार करने के बाद

Witnessing Aarti and Shringar at Kolkata's famous Baba Bhootnath Mandir

              The sacred month of Savan in 2011 ended on Saturday, 13th August. As I told you earlier, I poured water in Baba bhootnath Mandir at Posta, Kolkata on all the 4 mondays of this month. Though I had my exams or morning classes during this period but I did not miss any of the Mondays . Rare Pictures of Aarti & Shringar of Lord Shiva Idol at Posta's Bhootnath Temple, Courtesy- Image Source- http://dharmikraj.blogspot.in /                 We go there riding a bike on Sunday nights after 11pm, used to reach there at 1pm or so, and destined to come back home till morning 5am. There was no chance to get adequate sleep and proper rest for the body on that day. But none cares about these stuffs during these religiously sacred days as I never felt tired after returning back to home from the temple. It seems like the Lord Shiva is attracting you towards himself. It's real fun to go there in a group, stand in a queue for hours and hours, enjoy waiting for the